Friday, January 16, 2009

Over Analyzing, Or Under Analyzing?

I analyze things (mostly unimportant) more than most people think I should, they call it "over analyzing".  I've heard people say that I "over analyze" things too much quite a bit throughout my life, but I don't agree with the people who say that. What gives them the right or authority to set the standard or point at which a person officially "over analyzes" something? 
I've come up with an idea. I'm going to start giving all of the "over analyzer" accusers of the world a taste of their own medicine. I'm going to start getting frustrated, mad, bugged, and make fun at people for "under analyzing" things. I'll say things like, "That's it? Thats all you have to say about this? Geez, you under analyze things so bad. I might as well be having a conversation with my 12 year old nephew." Or, "Wow, you're so boring and annoying. You under analyze every little thing that gets brought up. I feel like I'm getting stupider every time we talk about things."

1 comment:

k8theriver said...

i don't want to be an annoying under-analyzer. plus, i'm a virgo--it's in my nature, so here goes:
i think analytical people are attracted to other analytical people because they get eachother and have interesting discussions. but some of the people i admire most are not analytical. they are easy going, happy-go-lucky people that are easy to get along with and would never tell me that i over-analyze things.
i don't think 'over-analyzing' is bad as long as you focus on the positive and don't pass negative judgement on people.
your lines are super funny and i hope you get a chance to use them--only in retaliation to those accusing you, of course. and without being mean--just funny.