Monday, May 25, 2009

Rendezvous In The Rockies






Smokin' Bill, Wild Johnson, Little Stump and I (Lonely Bob) had a great time at The Rendezvous this weekend. I'd have to say my favorite thing about my new friends is the fact that they don't just play the part of mountain men... They literally live in the mountains and dress like this everyday. They nicknamed me Lonely Bob because I played them "Moonshiner" by Bob Dylan and they all really like that song, and I was at the rendezvous by myself.. Well my Uncle Ken and his family were there too. But I slept in a tent by myself and just hung out with Smokin' Bill, Little Stump and Wild Johnson the whole time..


The other highlight of the rendezvous was this lady that was there that went on tour for like three years with Fleetwood Mac. She was their Hair Stylist. She has also been on short tours with The Rolling Stones, Rush, Elton John and David Bowie.. She has hung out with Bob Dylan, Jerry Garcia and on and on.. She had her photo albums with her and it was amazing to see all of her pictures in europe with Fleetwood Mac in hotel rooms with them and pictures of her hanging out with Keith Richards and Mick Jagger... She said this was her last rendezvous though cause she's moving to Yosemite National Park to do some Gold Mining. Smokin' Bill gave her a map that shows where all the rivers and mountains that have gold in them.. She's my dream woman. If only she was thirty years younger.

2 comments:

k8theriver said...

awesome.

Unknown said...

Sweet old guys....
I heard someone got in a fight and "fell" on a knife...&...it killed him.